Monday, August 4, 2008

letter from Jon 8-4-08

8/4/08

Dear famHey everyone how is it going as you know today is changes and I have fasted and prayed to go were the Lord will have me go or if nothing changes that the Lord will bless me. My companion and I are having some struggles but its all good and now I find the changes are………Elder Carpio is going to Lima and I have a new companion Elder Vinetas de Central America. They say he’s the man! I sure hope so. I’m excited!!!!!!!! He will be the DL in Juaja. The DL’s are usually pretty legitimate minus my last two companions, but I’m excited for a change. Please everyone plead that this kid will want to do what’s right. I will be my absolute best with him and I’m excited
Its been a pretty good week we baptized a 24 year old, Hermana Lizette her other two family members are members. We have been really working hard with activities and getting the youth active. We have like a club of kids all 18 years old and they are studs, my little future missionaries. I know I’m going to cry when I leave. We have had good activities every Friday night and we watch movies, teach mini lessons and play games. We have played everything from jeopardy to musical sillas (chairs). I could really use some ideas, I’m running out.
I also have to speak in church every third Sunday and teach the investigator class! The class contains the new recently baptized members and the inactive members. I also picked up a piano-playing job. It’s kind of stressful, but I pray for Lord to help me. I’m little nervous for this next Sunday and I have got lots to do but I am excited. I love helping out. I also organized a special musical number with my companion. We found the Army of Helaman in Spanish and we will sign the chorus in English. All 8 of the priesthood holders will sing it! I filmed our practice. It is pretty week but down here its going to be like a special number for general conference. I am nervous though cause guess who is accompanying? Yep, Elder Rogers! Pray for my fingers literally. Pray that they won’t freeze up. Yesterday it was like playing with ice cubes and bless me that I will have time to practice. One of my best buds left his name is Elder Dalhman from Taylorsville, Utah. Look him up Clint! He is going to call you guys or email you. He was so so so legitimate and we were best buds. Elder Dalhman reports this Sunday! He kept me from going crazy. He was one of 3 white kids in my zone. He taught me so much about being your best even though no one else is. He gave me so many good ideas like contact 30 a day solo if you have to. He taught me to say prayers out load at night even if your companion doesn’t want to and bless your companion in your prayer
Elder Dalhman was a stud. He had 3 baptisms the day before he left bam! He also sold me his weights, so I’ve been working out hard. I’m so sore my chest hurts when I reach for things, but I’m excited and I’m going to work it for the next 16 yeahhh! I t feels good to work up sweat before jumping into the running waters. Yep its been a good week and I am going to finish my Spanish book manana. I got way behind but only falta 20 pages. The book has its really helped me. I’m so excited for this change. Can you believe I’ve been out almost 8 months and I remember my first p-day in the field? I remember how anxious I was to get my first letter from my family and now I’m on my 5th change. It just keeps going faster, but I love it. Thanks so much for all the love. I’m trying to be my best and represent the family and loved ones well. May the Lord bless you all!Your son Elder Rogers.Mmmmmmuah!