Monday, September 8, 2008

letter from Jon 9-8-08

9-8-08
Hey family and everyone,First I just have to say thanks for all the love and sweet emails!!!! I love you all so much muahhhhh!!!" This is skinny Elder Rogers down in Peru. It’s been another week and we are working hard back in Juaja and taught almost 50 lessons this week. It feels so good to walk the streets and speak Spanish. I’m still a little uneasy with my health but am praying everyday for my companion and I to shake this off. He is sicker then I am and just doesn’t look good. I feel so bad for him and I know its just a trial that we have to get through. We are feeling a little better and we have a date for a family of three this week so that’s exciting
This week I taught the Sunday lesson to all the youth solo and it went really well I was completely comfortable with the language but felt like a dad. I had to take away cell phones and split kids up and make kids read, but it went well. I taught the pride cycle in Helaman and felt the spirit strong. I kind of went off on the gift of tongues a little just like doing my best but in other language it was cool. We have been working hard and trying to help the ward out.I got a package from Carma tell her thanks and I also got 3 today from mom they said one got lost but I got 3 so that’s exciting. This week we watched a sweet movie at FHE in someone’s house about one of the apostles in Japan and he was in Nagasaki right after bomb and rebuild all the Christian churches and when they left all the other soldiers were making fun of people who wasted time making churches instead of fooling around with girls and enjoying themselves and as they got on the train to leave the soldiers that helped felt pretty down then the 200 plus Japanese’s people came up over the hill singing on-ward Christian soldiers and touched hands saying thanks so much as train left!I was bawling cause my mission has just been tough lately and I know it will all pay off in the end, my companion and I are still really sick he has lost 25 pounds and I weigh 165 its really kind of scary and we don’t know what to do. Mom and dad please pray and maybe even fast for me this next week. It is transfers and we are going to doctor again today. Please don’t worry I have so much left to give and all I want to do is work hard feel good and be happy. I’m comfortable with language now the only thing holding me back is this trial. I’m trying to have a good attitude and work hard everyday even when I feel terrible. I can feel the spirit so strong and he is comforting me I just have to get through this!Thanks so much for all love and support.This week has also been good growing week a lot of times I have to talk with bishop and others cause my companion really wants me to be ready if I go up as Senior! Yikes!Its also been good week full of drunk parties and I just amazes me how lost some people are.! One dude came up to me and said Jauja is the best climate in the world! And said what do you think I said have you ever been outside Juaja he said no why would I hehe…. I just laughed and said you know nothing else Jauja is miserable cold. Hawaii is the best climate in the world he said its not cold its perfect look in the stores there are no fridges cause they don’t need them cause its just perfect here.… I said wow! Buddy and I thought he might have few screws loose and lots of Jauja pride!I’m doing good and trying to stay upbeat I love you all and will talk to you all-next week thanks dad for backup!Your son Elder RogersMuahhhh!