Monday, March 23, 2009

Letter from Jon 3-23-09

Hey family!!!!!!!!!!! 3-23-09
Woof got lots to report on today. I’m so glad everyone had a wonderful time at the happiest place on earth. That is awesome. I love pirates rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..hehe!! Happy b-day dad!! I love you and congratulations Jordan on Maryland Baltimore. que bueno que podremos hablar español junto primo! Hehe that is way exciting! Happy anniversary ang and tj how exciting!I’m so happy, I have such a great fam and friends muah!Well this week we just had one not three baptisms, but it was still a great baptism the sister of Elsa. It was so awesome and I was blessed to baptism her. I have felt the sprit so strong this whole week and can feel the change in my heart for my whole situation and the great blessing I have to help these people and just no to worry about myself. I have seen miracles and this lady is so shy but was so happy last night and our ward is just on fire. We finally got a ward mission leader called and he is my best bud. He is the brother of one the 3 of our converts. We are starting today on the work! I’m so excited!
It’s been a great week for me. We had conference and it was a answer to my prayers. We talked on three things. #1 that perfect obedience would bring blessings from the Lord even perfect health. Lately I’ve really just tried to loose myself and I’ve never felt better and I really am happy! #2we also talked about not seeking positions of leadership and just giving all the glory to the Lord and I thought that was so good. I really like one thing in particular about being a true disciple of the Lord. Disciple comes from disaple and this week I have really tried to put off natural man and just go at it! Its amazing what the mission does to a Young man. #3 Putting the Lord first always and putting goals on oneself to always be better. It’s so awesome and just hearing all my friends and what everyone’s doing in there life just makes me so proud to be a member of this church!I love being a missionary but sometimes it’s like football---- it’s hard but after I know I’m just going to miss it , This week we got lots going on. We have a talent show I’ll have to see what I can pull out of my sleeve. Thanks so much for all the love and support everyone.
I love you all!!!Your son in lama land Elder roger
Hey mom this is for you… que dice un pes al otro ……..nada heheLove you