Monday, July 20, 2009

Letter from Lama Land

Word from Lamaland
7-20-09
I am not going to spend much time editing this as it is pretty clear.
Hey fam!!!!!!!!!!Well another week down woof! I’m under the 5 mark yikes! I’m so glad to hear everyone is doing great and that life is rolling on in stgeeezy. Hehe I got lots of buds that are finishing up here in Peru Lima East and its tough. I love all my buddies that I’ve made and I love working with them.Well things are kind of slow here in Huancayo, up in mountains, and its getting colder , but we had a great baptism last week. It was a 17-year-old kid whose family kind of abandoned him and he came to Huancayo to study. Well he is now a member of the church. We baptized him in the cold water and I baptized him!! The water was just so cold cause the heater broke and he was like just baptize me all ready. I did and we both went running out gritando (screaming) but it was good.My kid is a punk and a handful—I’m not going to lie but I can handle it. Things are getting better everyday, he used to work at dance parties before mission and he is teaching me how to dance Marengo and its super fun ! Our convert is from pullcalpa heart of the selva and every time we knock on his door he’s listening to some sweet tunes…. so chill. He was DJ in some crazy night club. He’s changed a lot. He is fun and he’s teaching me how to dance as well. Don’t worry only for a minute then we get back to the doctrine.
Things are going good it’s always a little rough at the start but things get better. We have found some good people and a family of 5. That could be real good for august so we just keep pounding away. Well something funny happened the other day we were walking down a poor dirt road and I saw a huge hole with three little kids standing around it with a tree branch saying what are we going do….that will never work duffiss….. o man he’s a goner… I was going to say hi to the kids then I see a little bobble head way down in the hole and I ask them how did the little guy get down there? They all looked at me and didn’t say anything. The little boy looked up at me from the hole with his bottom lip curled. He was so sad and hopeless and he was like 2. I bent down and with my long wingspan I grabbed two or three of his fingers and pulled him out of the deep hole. When I stood up I picked him up in air and put him on ground and all his friends were like your alive and little kids lip went from curl to smile and he just stared at me, then I walked off. It was fun and I felt good.Love your son. Elder Rog -----