Monday, December 14, 2009

Last Letter

12-14-09
My dear family
Well this is it the last time and it’s so weird and I still don’t feel trunky or that I’m going home it’s kind of weird how everyone talks a about it but now I’m starting to know how unreal it is. Thank you so much for your love and support for me and all the great examples and your letters today, I love you all so much family and mom & dad. I am so grateful that I could finish and I feel so good. This mission has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and it has completely molded me into someone else, a man like dad said I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and I love being a soldier of the lord. Well I had my last interview with pres and it was so good I shared with him my goals and he just looked at me and said he felt so tranquillo about me and good about my mission it was awesome hearing it and knowing I had a honorable fulltime mission from the mouth of my leader he taught me lots and it was good to hear his council I can really see how much he loves me and we both expressed the joy with a good 45 min interview, I love President Leyva, he is a great servant of the Lord and taught me lots, well he told me that I have lots of great memories and happiness ahead in my life, he said the mission is a great base to start on and a great achievement!
Its been a good week we had 7 people come to church and it looks like we are going to have some good baptisms this last week of my mission the best way to go out and I am so so excited, we fasted and have some great people lined up for interviews tomorrow to be baptized if all goes well 6 or 7 will go in one on Saturday and 6 on Sunday…I would be so so happy .
I have been trying to enjoy life a bit but I’m still pretty busy we had the pre call for the rest today I was going to call but I don’t want to ruin the fun gathering next wed but it was fun to see comps so happy to call with their moms and dads.
Well family one more week here in sweaty old Peru. I love this place, and I feel good about my mission I have always tried to stay busy and do what’s right, I have worked more than hard, and have helped many people and learned lots about our self, like Joseph Smith says we must trust in the Lord I have learned on this mission that only Lord know how much we can take and he does love us and that is our comfort we must hold on to during the hard times, he lives and his son directs this church, I love this church, I love Peru, I will miss so very much hearing elder royers…. Elder royers . what a dream it is to be a missionary, I gave my last talk yesterday in my ward and I said well se acabo its ended my mission and me voy next week and the whole crowd just did the oohhh at the same time it was hard to look in their faces with the don’t go look I promised them I would come back, so
I have a great week from lama land ill see you when I walk of the plane with my fist in the air, o man I’m going to cry like a baby, just hug me don’t worry about how skinny I am I feel fine
Love elder rog