Thursday, December 27, 2007

Two letters delivered today Dec 27, 2007







Dear Mom and Dad and Family,
I am doing good in the MTC. Things are so busy and tough. We go to class 12 hours a day, and then study more. I love my district they are fun, but the 3 in my room are a little different---ok weird. My companion is nice but has had a cough since we have been here and coughs all over me and everything else. I hope I do not get sick. My favorite time in the MTC is when we are in class working hard and learning.
Please keep writing letters and things you do not know how much it helps and cheers me up. Tell everyone thanks for all the letters.
I want to be the best missionary, but some days are hard. I will suck it up like I have been doing and call on the Lord. I am for the most part really enjoying it. Thanks so much and keep the letters coming. I love letters!
Mail is such a bright spot in my day!!! I learned how to pray and bear my testimony in Spanish. I also learned how to teach the first lesson. Tell all the family I love them.
I had my first ½ p-day today and it was such a relieve. I love learning and being a missionary.
I want to tell you all about dearelder.com. It is so cool. Write me and the next day I will get it. We get mail twice a day and there is nothing better than having a letter in your hand. I love you all so much!!!


Dear Mom and Dad ,
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!! Please keep writing and tell everyone else too. It is always fun to get letters
We had a fireside last night and the spirit was so strong. We sang 12 days of Christmas MTC style. It was funny.
I love you all and I am praying hard and doing my best. I know it is the true church. I cannot wait to hear from you all soon.
Love you Jon, Elder Rogers
I said good-bye to Scotty tonight he leaves tomorrow and took pics. Days seem like weeks and weeks seem like days here at the MTC. Christmas really has been wonderful at the MTC. Christmas morning L. Tom Perry came and gave us a talk. It was really good. I love the big group meetings and firesides. I hear that Gordon B. Hinckley might be coming. If he does that would be awesome. I really love being part of this great work. Thanks for the notes. We sang “Come thou Font of Every Blessing” I love that song it is so powerful.
The good parts of the week have made up for the parts that have absolutely sucked!!! I’m not going anywhere. I am a lion and I refuse to walk and talk with the sheep.