1/21/08
Hey everyone family and friends,
It’s been a crazy busy week and so much is going on. First they changed the presidency and President Groberg is the new President, “The Other Side of Heavens” younger brother. Russell M. Nelson came down to Peru to make the change. We all got to shake his hand he gave some really good talks and got me pumped to be the best missionary I can be. I have sent some letters home and they should be there in couple of days. I sent two more fat ones today. They should be there next week. I told lots of info in both so I pray they make it there. I think they will. I received your first letters and they were awesome thanks so much! Its so funto get mail. I haven’t heard anything since, but its ok. I know it takes along time but I’m always writing. Today we went to Interpol, were we go to do allthe paper work to become citizens. It was so fun to go out in town. We went to agas station and looked around and bought Inca cola. It’s so crazy down hereand there are so many people. I almost got hit by some dudes on a bike and the traffic on the way there was insane every man for himself. It was so funbouncein around honkin. There was 3,000 kids from Peru here this week foryouth conference and it was nuts. They all got to hear Elder Nelson andthey were so excited. We had two meetings with Elder Nelson and the MTC/CCM was nuts all weekend. There were cops, busses and it was packed with people and everything. I love when things happen and we get to go outside. We get to go tracking this Saturdayand they say it is way intense. It will be in the way poor part of town. I’ll tell you allabout that. I loved your letters and emails even though I don’t have time toread them all, thanks!!! We go to the temple next. Mom I’m way excited, I loveteaching Latinos. They also teach me. I know tons of Spanish. I never thought Iwould understand better then I speak but that’s a start right. I teach them tongue twisters and they teach me tongue twisters like que pasa calabaza nada nada limonada, and I teach them how much wood can a wood chuck chuck. Hehe…… its so funny let me know when you receive my mail ok. I’m doing great and working hard I feel the spirit so strong. Tell everyone I love them. It’s almost been 5 weeks that is just crazy. It’s the biggest adventure down here being in Peru. I still can’t believe it especially when we walk down the street.:)
My companion is Elder Millett from Murry, Utah. LOVE YOU Elder Rogers