Dear mom and dad and everyone else,
I’m alive I made it to Peru. It is just absolutely nuts down here. We got to the airport yesterday and packed on MTC bus and shipped to CCM.. When we first came into Peru we flew over some crazy little shacks right against the coast. Its just slums down here. It looks like a huge Tijuana. It’s wet and hot jungley and lush. We got out of airport and it smelt so bad like a Jacuzzi and fish. It is really mucky and hazy all the time. We packed on to a bus and drove for two hours straight through the city of Lima, out to little nicer area where the CCM is located. The drive made me sick cause the bus driver is crazy there are so many crazy people and the traffic is terrible. The driver was just driving like a mad man. The roundabout’s here are the size of Vernon Worthin Park and the houses we drove by were beat up shacks with literally no roofs or windows it looks pretty rough. The MTC/CCM is really nice. I was made a district leader today for my district. The MTC is good but the food is really grouse but I’m doing well. I love you guys! I’ll write more soon they only gave us five minutes today to say we were alive. I love you family and Kylee Girl and it was awesome talking on the phone. Use the direct mission adress it is faster and you can put in envelope. The address is
Elder Jonathan B. Rogers
Centro de Capacitacion Missional Peru
Ave Melgarejo 159
La Molina
Lima 12
PERU
Love you all