Sunday, February 10, 2008

News from the Field e-mail 2-7-08

Hey mom and dad and fam,
How is everyone? My new p-day is Thursday ,so I’ll for sure be here again next Thursday ok? Pres. Groberg called my comp and I to be zone leaders. I was shocked I feel no were qualified. There are 25yr olds in CCM and fluent in the language, but I will do the best I can. He said he could use my help- yikes. We are trying to figure things out. He is trying to figure out how to run this place--- its always out of control, but I’m excited. I’ve already had to talk to him about multiple problems. I also get to handle mail yes... hehe and we are in charge of Sunday church totally. Everything is in Spanish so that’s way stressful, but its good for me. I am excited for the work and I am doing my best. Thanks for all the wonderful letters and emails fam and sweet Kylee girl. I got your first response to my first letter today how glorious.
I got sick, but I’m doing well now. I don’t what to talk too much about sickness cause its over and I’m fine but it was scary. I’ll send home journal entry later but I had to get an IV yikes. It was the same old thing with bad throw ups but I’m happy and fine and surviving. Thanks for all the love and positive letters Richard Hinckley is coming down this Saturday so that’s going to be good. I have to call 7 speakers. I watched the Prophets funeral on TV and the new Prophet exchange so that was neat and a good break from class. I only have less then 2 weeks and I’m out of here. I can’t believe it. I’m so excited to show you guys what the real Peru is like.
I’m losing weight and I can’t help it. My pants and shirts are sagging like tenth grade again. I went to the temple today that was so fun it might be my last time but I’m glad I could go. Your letters are such a big boost and mine are still coming. I sent a letter every week. Your letters really boost me and get me through week. Pray for me I’m kind of scared and excited for field but about 12 more days yikes. I put bunch of names in temple all my buds on missions and you mom and dad. I love all you guys and will talk to you next Thursday. You can send me long emails cause I love them and they have dear elder here I found out, so give that a try if you like for 2 more weeks. Thanks so much mom and dad and fam, I love you. I take pictures of my emails. When I can print it will be great but it already is thanks for all love and support. Things are good in Peru. Tell me what’s up Clint in Young Men’s. Love your son Elder Rogers