Sunday, May 11, 2008

letter of 4-21-08

4-21-08

Huanuco is cool. It is a chill town. It is not huge but pretty big. It reminds me of Cedar. Everyone here is Catholic, everyone!! On Saturday and Sunday the streets are empty cause everyone is in church. You can hear them, “Oh Jesus son of Mary”. It makes contacting kind of tough.
People here are really in love with 3 things. It is so terrible almost all investigators have problems with chastity, drugs and drinking even 12 year olds! I have seen men literally fall on their face trying to walk home from the bar, no joke!
Huanuco is the motorcycle of the world. You always see couples on them. City parks and corners are like make out spots. Most people we contact have to stop kissing before we can talk with them. “free love” I will have to admit the motorcycle thing does look way fun cruising through the pretty down town. Huanuco is very pretty in places.
They have big churches in the downtown central too. We like to ride the 3 wheel machines occasionally.
2 hours away from here is a big drug trafficking area, Tico Maria. We are not allowed to go their only native missionaries can work in that area.
Please keep me in your prayers; I am right on the brink of conquering the language. I need divine help! P-days rock. It is fun to be with the other companions.
Your Son Elder Rogers