Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19 2008

5/19/08
Dear Family,
It’s been a quick week again. I didn’t get any mail today. I was kind of bummed. I guess it’s a holiday in Lima. I’m beginning to hate holidays cause all that means is no mail but I’m ok and next week will be great. I’m doing good. I have the same comp and the work has really slowed down but I’m working hard on my lessons and passed off #5 last week and I will pass off #4 a little later this week. It is way stressful but I am doing it!!! ...yeah well jazz are done darn next year hehe.I’m doing better with my comp and studies we still cant be on time but that’s just life down here. I’m trying to learn all I can and prepare for new President in July. He is Latino. I want to show him that I want to be here. I’m just pounding my lessons its harder then I thought but I know I can do it with the help of Lord. This week I went on exchange with an Elder Davis to a town called Ambo. Look it up it was just tiny town and it is one hour outside Huanuco. It was so fun and I spoke more with him cause I am really getting the hang of the language now. It was awesome. We slept outside on his roof under the stars and it was just so fun! The little town has a catholic church and that’s it. It was just a little area town. It was fun seeing all the mountain people and it was so pretty. It was really the prettiest drive going down there. This week we got a family to go to church so we are working with a family and Brian is getting baptized 1 June.It’s fun to be able to talk and teach. I’m doing well and I can get along with my companion by trying to help him. I’m like Kirby on best two years flipping the pictures. “I know Joseph Smith was a pamphet”. heheI’m working hard on goals and trying to listen to promptings. Time is flying. It sounds like lots is going on is St. George. I wish you good luck. I’m glad you had fun at the annual girls week. Keep me updated on all that goes on. I want you to know I’m trying my hardest to do what’s right and I can feel my own growth. Sometimes I say things and don’t know were they come from but I do….. its the Lord. It is time for Elder Rogers to speak his mind in other language. How can we not go on in such great of cause? I love you all and glad you liked package.Elder Rogers