Letter from Jon 6-16-08
Hey Family and Friends, D.O. This is Jon down in crazy Peru. I’m so glad to hear that everyone had fun and a great time at the Lake. It was so fun reading and printing everyone’s emails today. I sure do love email and mail every week it’s such a blessing. I got a package today full of good stuff; potatoes and my warm coat mmm Thanks mom and dad lots of love.I sure hope you enjoyed my pictures and videos. I’m trying to keep it real down here with my top and other things. I have fun by myself and with other people when I see them Can you imagine that on a mission something like teeter totters would be the best day ever. ( All the Elder’s spent sometime at a park on teeter tooters)Well I’m glad to hear Lindsey is doing better and sorry to hear about Chelsey. That had to be so so sad but I’m glad it was a good service and she is home.
I’m glad Lake Powell was the bomb and everyone is happy and safe.This has been so fun this email! This week has been crazy get ready for stories. So I passed off lesson 2 yeah... only one more and I have three days to do it. Pray for me this has really helped me in my language and will be nothing less then a miracle of the Lord if I can do it. I have so much faith 5 lessons in one change. I’ve really worked my bum bum off.I plan to do it Thursday in the morn exactly 6 mouths! Yeah!We are preparing for changes and I cant wait. Things are really hard. We were doing so good for a while but this back to back change has just been difficult. My companion just won’t help us with our goals. I still give him hugs and pray for him out loud at meals and night but he doesn’t want anything to do with it. I’m ok but please pray for someone who will want to train me right and do the right thing with me. Next Monday is changes. ... im ok and happy This week was nuts I got in my first scary experience that included me not just watching it across street. I was contacting Friday night and my comp was 10 feet other direction taking down a address and I contacted a drunk dud and he didn’t like it. There was 6 people family and this dude and he told me to bug off gringo. I said fine but church is this Sunday.....well after that he took his shirt off and got up in my face with crazy rage. He had tats everywhere and was eating papas fritas. Well I said little bit drunk buddy...seya... and walked off and he chucked his food at me. I was like crap here we go and I had no were to go ....and then the coolest thing happened some dude came up and just punched the drunk dude right in the side of his face and looked at me and said excuse my friend. I said no problem and walked past them and that was that. It was so intense, but I was like that dude is a stud and I felt protected that night.....hehe! Thanks so much for your support I’m doing good and trying to work hard.I love the wedding pictures and it was fun to see Ani so pretty and happy and everyone. It was also fun to see Kylee girl avoid the flower toss.Thanks for everyone Lisha Indiana Jones heheBood thanksClint thanks bro and happy Father’s Day Dad and Grandpa’s . I love you so much. I have such good parents. Wear that Libro cover with pride. I want you to be proud of meI know I’m doing the right thing down here even though its tough. I think it will always be tough, but I’m prepared and time just flies. Thanks so much for wonderful emails.
We will all party again in 18 months.I’m always praying for you!
Love your son Elder Rogers