7-21-08
Hey Family and Friends,
This is elder Rogers down in Peru and I want you to know I’m doing great!Thanks so much for the fun emails today and stories hehe and fun news I’m so happy that dad will be stake pres when I’m home for Christmas and the plans for Christmas sound fun mom for 09 yeahhhhh!I’m glad the newly weds and Ang and TJ are doing well and your trip to Idaho sounded fun. Clint, Ang and everyone thanks for the letters!Mom you can send me food and meat or whatever you want. I’ve bought some sweet winder clothes from my bud going home next month. He hooked me up.I also am glad everything is going good with family this is such a blessing to check in every week! I’m looking forward to that new Jacuzzi . Please have it done by O9 ok!
Well this week has been a better week . My companion and I are getting alone a lot better and this week we had are first conference and interviews with the new Latino President. I’m just going to say one thing, “he’s the man!”He is so legitimate and for real he doesn’t want to put up with any crap! He really harped on study and planning and comp relationship and that was really good and also talked on how we will be great future companions/husbands if we do what is right and seek the Lord and let him mold us. (The next 16 months for me) so that was fun but a little tough cause I still have such a long time. (While the kids going home are like yeah what up, but its all good). I’ve got best family and friends in the world right!I completed 7mo. 2 days ago. Time continues to roll by time when b- chizz gets down here I’ll have over year yeah! I am so excited for all the new calls keep telling me. Dad you can tell the people that when you do what’s right and are obedient you are happy because thee Lord will rain his blessing on you because he has to. (The law of obedience) and if not you will wonder why does the Lord allow this when really its you.This week has been good with The new President and the conference. The Conference was really long. My new President is a Latino President Wilkinson. During the interview My Pres. said he loved St. George and had been there and said I’m glad to have Elder from St. George. He said he wants to move to St. George some day. He also said wow you have 7 months like a new miss would say it but we talked for 20 min!!!! in Spanish and it was good. I was really nervous at first cause it was in Spanish but it was good.I’m eating like a horse and have bumped up my calorie intake so I’m not a prisoner from Aswitz. I eat a bag of bread for one sole everyday and I tell my cooking lady to buy me and my companion a cupcake at night. My companion and I are getting along better too!
The other day some drunk dude came up in my face and just started swearing. The people here are so bad sometimes. They say terrible things like; gringo go home no
body likes you and a few other choice words. I’m used to it but also am glad I’m not alone and a missionary cuz if I was with Kylee or mom and wasn’t a miss and someone said that ohooooo hehe. BUT I was like here we go again…. drunk dude. Then my companion walked up and pushed me slightly out of the way and smiled at the dude 5 inches away from his face and said, “ hey old man how about a little more respect for my companion. yea His name is Elder Rogers and if you want to talk about the gospel with us or what we do everyday were happy to talk but if not…… get your drunk bum out of here....o snap props to my comp!!!!! It was the first friendly studdly thing he has done for me and ill always remember it!!! ...PS it was cooler in Spanish oooh…..clint you would have loved it ...he just punked the crap out of him in a missionary kind of way! word!We’ve always got along, I just get a little flustered when he doesn’t want to work or cut corners but your letter helped a lot dad thanks! I just try to help him and learn what I can when I’m in charge we are really going to contact!This week has been chill, and I have to goals be exactly obedient without getting on my companion and hopefully he will follow. Every morning I make some good noise as I study and work out J! I am starting to eat more and I ask for two of everything now and I pay the lady an extra sole or two or three a day for bread and treats so thanks for financial support. This week also we went in the oldest catholic church in South America and Peru. Jauja represents the first founded Spanish city. It is not part of Machu Picchu or Cuzco cause of course those are Inca cites, but the big man, Francisco Pizzaro, settled this town first. hehe crazy huh!I love learning Spanish History.I love you all…. your son in Peru. I am working hard and getting closer to the Lord. Elder rog