Monday, November 24, 2008

Letter from Jon 11-24-08

11-24-08
Clint’s 30th b-day
Hey family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Muah!!!!!!!!!!Well I’m glad to hear everything is doing good and that the family and everything is busy but still enjoying the holidays. I miss this time of year in good old St. George and want to put up lights and go see nuggies but I know I’ll be back in one more yea!Thanks so much for the emails and forwarding them to everyone mom and the hard work you do to keep me happy! I know things get mixed up some times I’m glad you just didn’t accidentally erased Kylee girls letter on purpose. I’m glad you had fun in Mexico and all is safe and well at home (mom you can send me some good soaps and stidex pads and that’s about all. I can’t buy them down here)This week has been crazy we just keep seeing miracles and we had conference with the President and ate and ate pizza this week again. We also went bowling on Friday me and the zone and my gringos after the temple. It’s been good week and it was first time I’ve been to temple in pretty much a year. I only went 2 or 3 times in January in CCM and Bayovar. It was exciting I put the whole family in the prayer box and hope you feel my love. Sorry for the fragrant charges on my card I should have got capital one… Remember the commercial Clint? Back me up….. I’ve been on vacation down here. We ate out twice after temple and conference in nice down town Lima and I had a whopper and Big Mac and chicken sandwich from KF to the _______c hehe yea!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill try to keep it in check but I think mom you can hold on to your packages while I’m Lima. We have a store like Costco in my area woop woppp!!!!!!! But I got paper turkey on my table at our house and the penz ( cooking lady) loves it and all other stuff Christmas tree and potatoes tell Carma-- thanks for Christmas stuff to muah!!!!!Well this week we have been working hard and have had some ridiculous experiences. One good one, we taught 25 year old Rafael , Pavel’s friend and I told him to pray and we’d come back in 3 days. Well when we got back to the members house( Cordava’s house---- they are the best it would be like teaching in President Wilkinson’s house so I take all people there) He was outside waiting for us and I said how did your prayer go? I was just expecting the norm and he said great! I looked at my companion and said really?....He said he went home and prayed and didn’t really feel that much different like I told him he would but then he said he prayed again the next day after a hard day of work and felt so alone and when he prayed he was just over come and felt new. He told me…. The spirit was thick and I said so what do you think? Was that an answer from god that this church is true? and he said quote ; I KNOW it was!!!….I was just like shaking cause I knew he was serious. We then watched the first vision and after the movie he looked at me and said wow that just sums it all up doesn’t it! My companion and I laughed cause we were so happy and just pumped! I challenged him right then and there without any lesson and not even going to church. I ask him if he would continue in these lessons and be baptized in the future? He said I think that’s clear isn’t it …..Of course I shot up and shook his hand!!! We were all like wowo um wow um…What do we do now? It was just like best two years but he will be baptized on the 6 of December. He accepted and came to church yesterday to all three hours of church. How is the church not true any one that asked with faith will know!!!!!!!!!!!!Its been good week and all hard sweaty days.I love you all and want you to know I’m working hard I’m ticked BYU got killed that just sucks, but what do you do right?Thanks for all love and support muah!!!!!!I’m going to try to find somthing fun to send home this week for Christmas yeah!!!!!!Love your son Elder Rogers
I also got some hymn books for some old converts in Jauja; Brigham and Carolina and so that kind of ran the bill up, but I am sure you’ll help with all the financial. Dad I hope I’m not making you work more, but I’m trying to buy good things. I don’t buy stuff that’s not necessary like; bacon cheeseburgers, an extra came of bowling, or pizza. I’ll try not to spend spend spend--
-ok? Mom joke for youPor que Fue nefi tan muscoloso? Porque el hizo muchos planches! Hehe Planches is pushups and plates in castillano heheMuah!!!!!!!!!