Friday, January 2, 2009

Letter from Jon 1-1-08


1-1-09
Well hey fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How is everyone? First I just want to say thanks so much for all the love and the fun talks and fun cards and presents and money. Thanks for the support of aunts, uncles, friends, and everyone! Everything was so nice and really made my Christmas!HAPPPY NEW YEARS Everyone!!! Woof! This last year has defiantly been the hardest longest but I have learned the most this year of year in my life and I’m excited for one more her in Peru. I will work hard. It’s crazy to think this is the last year of my mission and I will be back the end of the year, yeah!!!!!!!It was so fun reading emails and things and talking to everyone. Well, actually it was a little hard as a missionary to talk to all the family. I’ve definitely felt it this last week but it’s so good. It’s crazy to just talk to everyone like normal but then to go back out on the nasty streets and work,,, you know JThis week we had three baptisms! They were all miracles we got the couple baptized and my amigo RAFAEL!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome I was thinking about all of you last night new years as he went in…All are work this last two months paid off and I was so happy because Blackham got to baptize him BLAKIE’S first baptism. Elder Blackham was pretty excited and nervous but it turned out perfect and it’s been a highlight of 2008!!!!I can’t believe its 2009 woof! Its just been a regular week though since we talked. It was awesome getting these three baptisms in for the New Year and now we are back out finding more to hopefully baptize in January. It’s getting so hot and its just hard to go walk around in dust 3-4 hours to maybe teach one lesson but I think of my family and future family as I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I’m learning so much patience. I love you all and was so happy to talk to you all. mmm it’s such a comfort no matter how hard it gets here I always got my family and my friends its such a comfort…..I’m down here working hard and setting some new goals for the New Year.Yesterday I had people laughing pretty hard at the baptism just telling a few good jokes, its fun! Rafael, Elder Blackham and I always joke that’s how I teach him but before everyone left I challenged everyone to drink only Inca cola and if they dance to dance with spirit and other stuff. It sounds really dumb in English but people thought it was funny! The bishop’s wife came up to me and said hey Elder Rogers you can speak pretty good Spanish! It was good to hear. It was just something fun! I ‘m rolling on 13 big ones! I love you all muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love your son Elder Rogers