Jon sent a little letter dated 1-8-09 and 1-19-09
He says that he weighs 186 now!! He says because it is so hot and he is always in the sun that his hair is turning blond. He says he looks like when he was ten!! He says my bangs, side burns, and the top of my head look like they have been bleached.
1-7-09
Day #385. We did some service. We reroofed a house. It was pretty nuts. We showed up at this poor, poor house and the lady from our ward was waiting. First we took down the entire old roof that was made from sticks, tin, grass and cardboard. It was so nasty!!!
Then we put new boards across the house and laid down tin, grass and plastic. It is pretty ridiculous the way they live down her. It makes me sad. I wonder how they stay clean and healthy living like this.
I was on the roof the whole time and it was pretty intense. I was standing on one to two bricks the whole time. I also got pretty sun burnt. I took a picture to show before and after. It was a pretty good project.
After service in the morning we tried to go do some visits. I was so tired. I could not do anything I was just falling asleep in the lessons.
Jon has been trying to get some families in the church. He has to get the people married first. He has become a wedding planner. He arranges and decorates for the wedding and then has the baptism a few days later.
Jon says it is Very Hot, dry and dusty in Lima right now. He is always sweaty.
He wishes everyone his best!