Monday, February 9, 2009

Letter from Jon 2-10-09

Hey fam ¡!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-10-09
Que tal la mejor familia del mundo?
Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful emails it sure does help having such love and support from everyone. Im glad the trip to salt lake and travels were fun.This week has been a really good one I have really felt the spirit strongly this week and it feels so good. I’m so sorry for not having a good attitude sometimes I worry too much about myself and I know the lord will take care of me and my struggles are nothing compared to his. This week we had conference with Elder Carlos A. Godoy from Brazil in the quorum of the 70 here in Lima. It was so good and I cried because the sprit was so strong. He told us that he had a son on mission and that he hoped for his son that his mission was tough and filled with challenges because the mission is a MTC for life. I really liked that and its so true. He was awesome. He is a convert and told us his story. When he went to Utah to get set apart by the prophet Elder Godoy found the missionaries that baptized him. Can you imagine how you would feel? woof ! I think it would be like pay day to just to know that your covert was active hehe! He also told us that when we baptize one we baptize hundreds and its so awesome! We here stories like that down here. Your convert can get married have kids, then those kids go on missions. Then those kids have kids. Just think it all started with one baptism and it is so awesome!I love all my converts and all I want is that they can continue to progress and be happy in church I know that would be so special and I want to live my life so that they always look up to me like they do now and I’ll always be there for them. I tell them when I get home, that if they have to call me from Peru to come back and help I’m right there. I got a call the other day for Carolina from Jauja she is in Lima and she is coming to visit me tomorrow. I’m so excite. I hadn’t heard anything for a while but she said she moved to Lima and found a ward and now is attending her in Lima. She still loves the church. I was so happy. I was just a small part in here conversion but it was so cool. That conference was so fun for me to see that some know about live down here. He knows how we feel. It was fun to hear someone say that what we do down here is life changing!!! It was so cool!!!I have really tried to love people down here. I’m best buds with all the kids that rob everyone else in dangerous parts up here in the hills and its just so cool! They call me Smith cause they don’t know my name Rogers very good but one time I taught them about Jose Smith and they liked it. So now when I come around the corner and there are a bunch of scary boys with their shirts off playing ball, I hope and pray there is one of those kids in the group. Usually the boys are very scary and they yell, gringo go home, but then one will says hey Smith! Then the rest of them look at him and are like Smith?…. yea Smith and I’m like wooooo…saved again!Godoy talked about converting people and not just baptizing and it just pumps me up to do my best in teaching and really love them, my companion and I are pretty good buds and things are pretty chill right now.I love you all so much! You are always in my prayers! Love your Son Elder Rogers
PS It is carnival right now so everyone’s chucking water balloons at everyone. On Sunday it was so wild cause its like 105 with humidity and it feels like 247!!! Hehe..
You have got to love it baby.