2-16-09
Hey family and everyone ¡!!!!!!!!!!!!Well I hope everyone had a fun happy valentines day and, hope everyone is healthy and happy and enjoying life its so fun to hear the happenings in everyone’s life and its such a comfort.Thanks mom and dad and everyone else for the emails. Thanks so much Carma for fun package… mmm brownies and good stuff. I love you guys! Grandma thanks for the “ I will survive card” hehe!!!!!Well its been a good week and my companion and I are rolling. We really got lots going on and its crazy how time goes when you trying to help people accomplish there dates for the most important decisions of their life’s like baptism marriage and being active in the church!This week we had a baptism a lady named Elsa Calron. She is 26 and her mom and brother are members. She was really prepared and read almost all the Book of Mormon. It was a really good baptism. I was blessed with opportunity to baptize her. We have been working with her sense Blackie was here. Can you believe I have a spent a month with my greenie? !!!!!!! Anyway she finally got baptized and it was really good. Her mom got really emotional and said she never thought she’d be alive when her daughter finally got baptized. The mom never gave up hope. I’m so so happy to be a part of the miracle and change that happens in these people’s life as they make the decision to be baptized. It was really awesome. I’m making so many friends and really have such love for these people. Being here so long has really given me a chance to gain confidence in the ward. Yesterday bishop put me on the spot and said we will now have a 5 minute talk by our missionary Elder Rogers what!!!!!!!!!! With this little warning I got up and shared four scriptures.
D&C 20: 70
70 Every member of the church of Christ having achildren is to bring them unto the elders before the church, who are to lay their bhands upon them in the name of Jesus Christ, and bless them in his name.
What our responsibility is I challenged them to bring their kids and family to church.
What we should do and how.
D & C 24:12
12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and adeclare my gospel as with the voice of a btrump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.
Open the mouth, and what will happen if we don’t
D & C 60: 2,3
2 But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their amouths, but they hide the btalent which I have given unto them, because of the cfear of man. Wo unto such, for mine danger is ekindled against them.
3 And it shall come to pass, if they are not more faithful unto me, it shall be ataken away, even that which they have.
It was on the spot but I felt good about it and I made them laugh too! I did not come down on them too hard. It was good but I was sweating cause I still get nervous talking to crowds Carolina called me on the phone she went back to Jauja and she is doing good she said in the church! She couldn’t come visit but that’s okHehe o man I got so many crazy stories. I just have to tell you guys when I get back I have seen some really hard and sad, bad things but also many miracles…. It’s non-stop action down here. This month is Water fest and yesterday we were in the park and a group of 50 boys came up to us with a bucket and stuff. I thought we were done for and then in the front I saw a kid that I know that used to go to the same gym that we did. He said hi and shook my hand and I was like hey pal you know it would be unholy to soak us and he laughed and said yea your right and they all left. It was a modern day miracle. I love making friends. The kid that saved me is a die-hard evangelical and hates our church but he is our friend and that friendship helped us. I love the work and love all of you. It truly is an adventure down here, but I love it! Muah! Your Son, Elder Rogers