4-20-09
Hey family woof ! Well I’m here in Huancayo and its just nuts. I tell you I’m DL and its nuts… I got people calling me all the time and I did my first interview the first day that I was DL here in Huancayo for the ZL’s.I love you all and loved reading your emails today…Um well its pretty cold here but I’m doing great .. I m reopening this area with my greenie and we know nothing and its an adventure, I got the two DL’s and other group of Latinos in my district and I have to teach my first class tomorrow and I am way nervous but I can feel the lord helping me know what to do!Its pretty intimidating training and opening in new area and having ex -assistants and ZL’s in my area but I’m just going ahead little by little and I feel better every day. I am not used to asking so many questions but I’m ready for challenge.
I had to call pres on a baptism interview on a problem an investigator had and I was like a….President.. hi its me elder rog in Huancayo. I tried to explain the problem to him and he was like boy you get the job done up there son … I was like yikes! Our Mission President is the man but way intimidating. Our conversation went well, just my luck I had to call the President on the first interview! I saw Elder Blackham up here but not Elder Wilding.
My comp is Elder Linas from Arequipa, Peru. I have been an Elder longer then he has a member!!!!!!!!!! Hehe yep he got baptized last year and he is a stud after Funtelba. I am so ready for round two. I love helping and teaching the new greenies . First thing we did when we got here is look at the carpeta area book and there was nothing in it. I looked at Elder Linas and said we are going to have fun. There is supposed to be old contacts and old visits in there but there was not so I said, lets get to work.
We bought a map and called the bishop and tried to go find were our penz lived so we could eat lunch. It has been wild. Apparently there was some problems with other elders and so yea here I am…..
I gave a 20 min talk yesterday in church my comp had planned for ten and after 5 min or so he sat down and the bishop said Elder Rogers’ you like to tell stories and I said yea bishop hehe kind of….He said make one up! I am best buds with my bishop. He reminds me Lee Scott hehe what a stud, O what an adventure! It is cold here cold but so fresh and pretty here
So we found two contacts already and they got a fecha. It was pretty cool I love you all and will give you better report next week.
Elder Rogers
This is my song. I love it for my situation………Fear not I’ m with thee O be not afraid for I m thy god and will still give thee aid. Ill strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand. Up help by his righteous omnipotent hand!
( Sorry, my spelling sucks…)