Monday, April 27, 2009

Letter from Jon 4-27-09

4/27/09

Dang……We thought he was doing so well.

Dad, I’m sick again just please pray for me this week. I continually get sick in my intestines. I took a blood test to day to see if I got parasites. I’m trying to stay positive but it’s hard. I keep loosing weight and all I eat just comes through me. I’m ok just pray. I’ll tell you about the medicine they put me on next Monday. I love you!
Dear fam!
Well how is everyone it sounds like everyone is doing great and I’m so glad. That’s so crazy seeing jJK and AJ they are just huge especially J. It was fun to see Kason, Bailey and Aubrey Sue too--- thanks ty…
Well I’m here in Huancayo and things are going good we had a baptism!!!!!!!!!!! Last week we found a lady named Rosa who listened before to the elders and we helped her make the decision so she is now a member and we are now working with her whole family. Being a district leader is kind of stressful but I like it and am learning tons.. I have to call all the time and check numbers and see how everyone is doing and stuff and help people with their goals and yes I travel to give interviews but just here in Huancayo I don’t go to Jauja but I did drive right through there last week when I came in.. but my companion and I are good buds and he is just chill. We get alone fine it feels like sometimes he is a little brother. I can feel myself with more patience and love then I’ve ever had.
Were trying to get to know more people in the ward and its crazy how lost we are sometimes, but its getting better. I’m excited to work with the family of Rosa and that should be our main purpose here is to help this family. I feel like every area I have been in there is a family that needs us and its so cool. It really hits you how sacred the calling of elder is..You just got to find them. We are teaching Rosa’s 92-year-old dad named Isac and her mom Sonia, and 3 of her sisters; Lice Edela and Rosanna. All of then are over 40 yrs and most are single, but it’s a great family!I
’m learning so much and thanks so much for book on lectures of faith dad its awesome.I got put in hot seat last week by ex assistant who like’s doctrine. He is my bud but sometimes I want to sit down with him and battle in English. He called my companion and I up to be example to answer question the other Elder failed to answer …. About were does it say in Book of Mormon not D&C that we need to be married and it’s a essential commandment…..I’m not gunna lie it doesn’t talk much about marriage except nefi and his wife so I hit them with 1 nefi 7 1,2,3

1 And now I would that ye might know, that after my father, Lehi, had made an end of prophesying concerning his seed, it came to pass that the Lord spake unto him again, saying that it was not meet for him, Lehi, that he should take his family into the wilderness alone; but that his sons should take daughters to wife, that they might raise up seed unto the Lord in the land of promise.
2 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded him that I, Nephi, and my brethren, should again return unto the land of Jerusalem, and bring down Ishmael and his family into the wilderness.
3 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did again, with my brethren, go forth into the wilderness to go up to Jerusalem.

and I nefi 16 7,8…….

7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife; and also, my brethren took of the daughters of Ishmael to wife; and also Zoram took the eldest daughter of Ishmael to wife.
8 And thus my father had fulfilled all the commandments of the Lord which had been given unto him. And also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly.
Yeah can’t touch this hehe!!!!!!!!! No I was lucky cause I just read it.But I love to learn and am learning lots from them about angels, priesthood, and Urim and Thummim little white rocks_..... any ideas dad…. We love to look for cool things just like Joseph Smith taught us in D&C
Huancayo is so pretty but its so hot during the day then it just get cold during the night burr you have to carry a coat then but it on in shade and after 6, but get sunburned from 11 to 4 its so weird ----la sierra its called.
I taught my first class last week and thought it went well I taught on studies and gave good example on journal of studies.
I love you all and thanks so much for all love and support, I’m so grateful for my family and this opportunity in my life and my family.
Please pray for my health and safety, and I am always for yours
Love your son Elder Rogers