May 25, 2009
Hey Fam!!!!!!!!!Well thanks so much for all the fun emails it sure is fun to hear all that is going on. Its so crazy how fast time is flying by. It seems the more time I have in my mission the more time flies. This has been the fastest change of my life. Can you relieve I’ve been in Huancayo for over month Wolf hehe! I can’t believe how fast everyone is growing up. … Orvil and all kids… I miss them so much!Hehe mom about pics and videos my comp has no doubt how crazy I am and we have lots of fun. I always sing and whistle in the shower all the songs I hear on the street and he is so amazed cause I remember them better then he does hehe!Well this has been crazy busy week and were working like dogs. My district always completes with numbers and its awesome cause we can tell the difference. I’m trying to teach them that were not here to work and do what we can and have some good experiences and baptisms ,but we are here to do all we can and work like doggies and then the Lord, He’ll do His part and bless us with baptisms. I’m best buds with everyone in my district but they also know when Sunday comes around they need to complete.
Last week was fun we placed Risk as a district and I won. We played for 4 hours I had such a headache but I won. It was fun but also way frustrating. It was good thing I won cause I’m no good at board games and if I world have lost I would have been angry. I’m trying to be good looser though.O and big news, we beat Zona Mantaro in soccer 6- 3 and I scored two goals. It was way super fun and I think everyone love “bolt “ even better! I was laughing so hard at that little squirrel ! It was so great !Well this week we had meeting with the two girls that CAME to church and want to get baptized and on Friday they told us there parents were going to kick them out of the house if they got baptized. They were both crying not cause there parents were so mean and just ridiculous but because they couldn’t be baptized and I was just sick my heart dropped and couldn’t even teach I was mad/sad and just couldn’t figure out why cause my companion and I felt a week earlier they were the answer to our fast and prayers and
I was praying to know what to do and they said sorry but we can’t be baptized and I said NO!!!!!!!!! Yes you can ¡!!!!!!!!!111 and you willl! We will fast again! And do everything we can. I know you are supposed to be baptized and you do to. But they said we can’t and I said yes you can and shared Moroni 7 33 and we taught them how to fast. Then on Friday we fasted with them and Saturday so that their parents hearts could be softened. They were sure it wouldn’t make a difference and my companion and I said do you think it would be a miracle if your parents gave you permission and they said yes. I said God can do miracles, so we fasted and yesterday they said their parents were much more willing. It was awesome and we are planning to baptize them this week.I was such a spiritual experience and I hope my companion is living it because we have seen miracles I love my companion. It should be a good weekWell we just read the changes and ………………….. I’m going to Bayovar again! Just kidding I’m staying here with Elder Salinas to finish training with my companion. I knew I was. I am totally happy because we have build this area together and I want to be with him when we baptize yeah!But there was one fun change in our zone Elder Birdsall is coming up and he will be in my zone!!! I am way excited, we have grown to be pretty good buds and I can’t wait to listen to him talk…..heheI have really had a hard time lately, my penz…. I don’t know how else to say it…sucks and I just have to eat more we got some good stuff close and I just cant resist the temptation walking past restaurants with pancakes, pizza and my favorite dish aji de gallina. mmmmmYesterday we ate with a member and she taught me how to make it. I wrote down good notes and I’m going blow you guys away when I get home…next week she is going to teach me how to make papa renna filled potatoes with meat and cheese and eggs and chilies. mmm. We can now plan to eat with members from top area authority and I’m scheduling all I can. We get referrals from the lessons with members and good food. We ate four times yesterday hehe and I have two more with a date. Life cant get much better then this!!!I sure love you guys and know that I’m doing all I can to help these people and working hard everyday and feeling the spirit more then ever. I just finished the book “Our history of the Church. I was overcome by spirit many times the sacrifices of the church or so great Love your son in lama land. Elder Rogers