5/4/09
Well another week has just flown by and I’m doing good. I think it might be just a change in the food; the difference in food from Vitarte to Huancayo. I feel good and I just pound it everyday. I am working so good with my compie. I love my comp and he is such a stud. I feel our teaching is better then ever.
He shared a story about bearing our crosses and many people asked God if they could cut off a little off the bottom of their cross to make it lighter and He said yea go ahead but at end of journey there is a river and God says ok use those crosses you’ve been carrying as a bridge but the people that had cut of their crosses couldn’t cross the river. I thought that was kind of good for all of us. I’m trying to teach him to do his lessons and he’s doing great! He’s so humble and were buds.We have worked hard as a district this week and its crazy! In the meeting we have with ZL’s we talk about everything and everyone its kind of new to me, but I like it. I love pumping up my district. Were really working hard. I planned an activity with my ward mission leader and we had all the youth go on splits with the elders of the Zone Huancayo for the whole day. They even did studies. It turned out really well and two kids in my ward are now working on their papers and another 13-year-old kid showed up and went with ZL’s. He really liked it. He is not a member but came to my ward cause he has friends. Then he came to this activity and the missionary from his ward told me today he’s now getting baptized and he wants me to baptize him! What ! I was honored !! This Saturday, I’m traveling to baptize 13 year old Milton.Its been great week and we are doing so much good. This work is awesome and today my companion and I went door knocking and found two college students that came to church and committed to baptism last night. They are so prepared. When we knocked on the door I should of said were here…..to baptize you! They are from the jungle and come from many family problems but now they have a date for the 24th; Alan 21 and his sister Enes 22.How exciting it is to be the tool in the Lord’s hand. My comp is so excited and I am too! He’s like Calhoun. He sometimes gets way excited and is like challenging them in the first 5 min of the lesson and I have to grab him and say hey hey! Lets say a prayer and take it easy pal…heheThe other day something funny happened. We were walking through the field and two cows were bashing heads and fighting and I told him that is so cool to be in Huancayo. How many elders are walking and seeing what we see? Then the cows stopped and looked at us and one started doing the one hoof swipe.. swipe and I was like ….are you kidding me? …o Grap! And I looked at my companion and said run! It was way scary and the cows/bulls totally chased us. My heart was going nuts! We were nervous for second but we got through the field. It was great just like the rodeo. Don’t worry mom, I was playing with um…..yeeee haaaaWell this new flu is pretty big news all over the world. I know its pretty scary I got a letter form The President saying we must take all precautions. As a leader I am to inform the district and zone of this with the statistics about how many were infected etc. and I might be in Peru and what not but I know its just another of many signs of these last days and times. It’s scary but the Lord will protect us and not one Elder has it. .I’m trying my hardest and never going to give in to the hard times that I go through.
My new favorite hymn is I How firm a foundation. I love it…in times of sickness and health at land or on sea. He will stand by us and help us to stand. I sometimes wonder why? but I can’t because when I see these people I teach and the change in them… I can’t complain. I love them and I will do anything for them and my Father and he know that.
I love this work and I will never no never no never no never no never forsake.
I cry every time I hear that song and I think of you all I love you! Love your son in Peru.
PS pre-call tomorrow in morning get ready! I got package with pictures coming next week . Happy Mother’s Day! Elder Rogers