Monday, June 22, 2009

Letter from the Jackhammer in Lama Land

6-22-09
Hey fammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!Well I’m so glad to hear everyone is rocking and doing well.
I get all the fun blogs to try to keep up with your fun lives and its crazy all that is going on. I am so jealous of Costa Rica trip from Tyler and Lisha. Wow that’s like my dream. Little Orvil is just a cute little bug .
What an honor that President/Elder Wilkinson shared my story in Camp Helaman. That’s kind of fun… and mom it wouldn’t be good to come to Huancayo seeing how were are way above Brian Head. That is the lowest point in my zone. Well today im pumped, we have the monthly soccer game vs mantaro today!!!!!!!!! And we,ve been trash talking all week. I went with ZL’s to get jerseys today. Mine has a cash sign on it and I’m wearing it right now over the top of my shirt and tie and I got my headband on too. I’m so so excited and I got matching long socks. I’ll take some fun pictures but we got to get the Win!!!!!!!!!!! We have a game plan some have prayed and fasted hehe jk …no but seriously we’ve started this crazy tradition and its like so fun to get into it. Birdsall and Davis have been calling like nonstop to get pumped.
We are working hard to we had another baptism yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! I baptized her and her name is Veronica and she is so ready. She is the only member in her family who isn’t a member of the church. Her family was going to get sealed in the temple but her dad died and her family inactivated. It has been ten years then they moved to my area we are activating them and taught Veronica age16. She was baptized 3 weeks later they want to get sealed and Veronica wanted to be baptized yesterday for her dad on fathers day. It was really good baptism and about 37 people came to see her go in.
I got a letter from Elder Fuentealba telling me about miracle that happened in Vitarte. Do you remember Elsa and Estella two single older ladies that got baptized? Well their dad who did not believe in anything got sick last week was about to die. When I left I told Elder Fuete to look him up. Well the Dad got better and was baptized weeks after I left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another miracle now we got almost whole family!! I bet their son on mission is just so happy. I couldn’t believe it and I’m so happy! The mission is going great. I’ve never been so full of the spirit and ready to teach and I love being DL and training my best bud (g-fly) Elder Salinas. Elder Salinas family aren’t members but his sister got baptized last week and now his dad is taking the discussions. Elder Salinas is so happy is mom is now an active member as well with his little sister. He reads his emails and says dude Rogers’ and reads me a line and high fives me! Conference was great I had like 25 min interview with the President. We talked about some great things. I love him and I think he likes me too. He knows I’m trying hard to be missionary that the Lord, family, parents, and friends want me to be. We played dodge ball last week and me Birdsall and Davis beat the whole zone of laoroya just the 3 of us. It was so fun but my butt and body were just so sore the whole week but it was so worth it. I really love the conference Liahona. That’s fun new calls to lima east hehe I hope I get to see them heheI love you all love the jackhammer in lama land
Good luck! j hammm I love you buddy!!!!!!!!!!