Monday, August 3, 2009
8-3-09
8-3-09What up Fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well another week woof time really is clinking along, it sounds like everyone is doing semi good, I love you all and want you to know that I pray for my sweet family everyday sometimes I feel like depending how hard I work the happier and safer and better off the rog family will be I hope that’s true cause I am working hard and want lord to bless you. Thanks mom for peanut butter. I ate peanut butter the second I opened it and let everyone hear how good it was mmmm mmm mmm. Thanks so much mom I love you so much, don’t worry about more packages after this one, they charged me too and so we had to pay for it twice but thanks so so much! Muah! Well they also took pouch away from us so yea no more letters but maybe by post but its way more expensive now to send cards. There are lots of problems here with the economySorry for extra expenses remember I have kid with me and kids are expensive and he spent his mission money in like 1 week and bought some trinkets and now he’s sporting a leather sandal that says Huancayo on it. I was like dude you got to use that money for food and taxis! I don’t have the heart to eat treats in front of him so I share like a saint…we might have solved the food problem though. My prayers have been answered. I found a new penz who rocks! She puts a fried egg on top of everything even if its like cereal mmmm mmm-Well its been good week we had a baptism and we found a couple more people that can get baptized this next two weeks. My companion is getting excited cause we really are doing some great things. I made a Liahona book with articles with every subject so now no one can give me an excuse, cause I got stories and stories to back it up. It helps so much and I can just find great answers to people prayers giving them these Liahona stories. I really love to take care of my converts and have really learned how to love… I am always thinking of them and say I have some thing for you and its an answer to problem they might have had. My converts are doing great! Jose is missionary of the ward and his wife was called as 2nd counselor in relief society!!!! Yesterday I was so pumped for them. Astrid says she wants to go on a mission and her parents moved across the street from the church. hehe J They talk to us now after kicking her out maybe sometime they might take the lessons from us hehe. Elsa is doing good too. Yesterday was like payday in testimonies. One lady got up and said I’d like to thank the elders and especially Elder Rogers for being so darn persistent. She is happy now with a calling in the church. I love being their buds and I just don’t want to give up on them.Dad thanks for the thought on agents in d&c, and stuff. I taught it in district meeting . My companion is now on lesson 4 and we finished the white bible together. He is teaching a lot better. He still always tries to weasel out of things but I got him on a leash, we are better buds everyday.I get frustrated too. My bishop lost my piano book and so now I can’t play and he just doesn’t help us at all so we go around him and try are best. I get so mad sometimes with all the laziness but you just got to keep your cool and have patience and love that’s what it’s all about here in the mission. I love you all! We are doing some really cool things, the other day we helped a little girl in primary make a friend. She was outside at an activity and said she wanted to go home. We said you need a friend another little girl came around the corner and my companion and I said, “ hey do you know Camilea …and she said no”,and I said, Camilea meet Kelly. Kelly meet Camilla. Kelly what do you like to do play volleyball? Then can you teach Camilla how to play?…. sure…. come on Camilla…they held hands and went running off but before long around the corner Camilla looked back and said thanks;)It was great! love you all! Elder Rogers