Monday, August 31, 2009

From Lama Land 8-31-09

8-31-09 Hey fam!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it’s been another week can you believe that were does time go?Well I’m so glad everyone is doing so good. I love hearing the fun stories and memories made during the week! Woof dad your trunking me out( just kidding I’m glad you had fun) with the fish stories and Clint but that sure does sound like fun. I love fishing! I can’t believe jord is already in the field!... woof! It is fun going down memory lane (he’s doing awesome ) Reading his novels every week…. he writes so much! I don’t know how he does it. Well I guess that’s what happens! It makes me laugh! I never had email or msn or anything until I went to DSC. I sure try hard to type type type… Well this week was awesome we had our first counsel with all the zone leaders . It was the whole mission and I got to see my buddies that I haven’t seen in years from all over Eastern Peru; Haunaco, Cerro, Hauncayo , La Merced. We spent Monday and Tuesday together and we talked about some great things. President really taught us well.
It is also fun talking to Elder Wilding about three to four times a week as he is now my IM –assistant to the Pres. I am so excited to serve and help the elders. President gave us the tools to do it this week. We also had the opportunity to go to the temple twice this week which was so awesome for me. It was my first time in 7 months and it was so great to be back in that celestial room and feel his spirit. It was a great conference and I learned a lot about how the mission works. At the conference this week and I had to stand up and teach elders of four zones how to get good references for 25 min!!!!
I got called this morning and I am in charge of lunch for 60+elders after conference this Friday so that should be fun . It is kind of different doing these things I’ve always enjoyed but now have to do. I still love it and love helping new elders that need help like me when I started. It’s so rewarding to give um a side hug and say you’ll do great pal!My Ward and bishop is the best and I love him he is giving home teachers to the people who aren’t even baptized yet and it helps so much. He is completely in the love with our work and it makes me so excited to have calling after the mission to help Elders and the work. I am going to help them just like he helps us. He welcomes all those that we are teaching to church and he offers his house to them. He feeds them and he sends his wife after them. It is so awesome feeling the love!Things are going great I have lots of fun with my companion. He’s such a stud and we just joke all the time with are investigators too and it’s so fun. Now I know the language, I can actually pick up on jokes he does and it’s fun to throw a line at him too. The other day we went in to a house ( It was a part-member family with members that know us;) ) and I said now.. You’re going to have to be patient my companion is from Las Vegas and is learning Spanish so ask me all the questions ok? He says I’m from Las Vegas in English and he is just like silent for first 5 min of the get- to -know you chat. It was great, I was laughing cause my companion i s my bud and we love having fun.We baptized a mom and her two kids yesterday and it was such a good baptism. We had a program and everything. I felt the sprit strong. It was so great seeing them get baptized. I baptized the mom and my companion baptized the kids.
Dad I know it’s all about the people and I have so many great friends. my favorite thing to do is to ask the new converts their story, and it is so interesting . I want to make a movie of how the church as grown in Peru. One kid was telling me how he used to street fight before his mission for cash yikes….He was showing me all of his scars and now he comes to church every week in a suit and he is a teacher of Young men. It’s so great seeing the change in these people’s lives. Brigham in Jauja wrote and told me that he is preparing to go on mission ¡!!!!!!!!!!! He completes his year as member on the 16 of September. That was the kid that was baptized in three days with Elder Benites and I love that kid. He actually called me from Piurra last week, i was like hello con quien hablo (who am I talking to?) and he said peanuts! My Nick name for him and he was here in Campoy too! I love being a missionary and love all you guys! Yesterday we had family home evening with a family that is getting married and then baptized! Yep more marriage parties hehe! We watched a video and it was in Spanish and I was like hey we need to change it cause I thought it was in English. I am getting so used to Spanish. My companion looked at me like you dork….I felt pretty dumb!
I sent a letter for moms b day with some fun pictures--- please share with all its fun.
Your son en lama land Nos vemos pronto