Monday, September 21, 2009

News from Jon 9-22-09


Elders in Zone








Fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9-22-09Hey family well sorry this is late. We had lots going on today. We took our zone bowling!!!!!!! We got a discount in the morning so we had to run. They all got to email but we were busy fixing a little problem and when we finished we had to take them bowling. It was really fun but I sucked it up. I just told everyone it must be the time I have spent in the mission;) It sounds like everyone is doing great and that makes me happy and gives me strength to go on. This week has been a miracle week and we were able to baptize 11 people on Saturday as a zone after a big marriage ceremony. It was awesome. Our investigators went in as well, Edgar and Lucy. It was so so good to see them go in and they really have changed so much. They now call us hijos , chicos ( there boys) Every time we knock on the door they invite us in to eat.It was a long day Saturday taking everyone to get married then bring them back and get them dunked. Then we had stake conference after the baptism. It was a great day. Then after Stake Conference the Ward made a reception for all those that got married. Edgar cooked up 10 fat yep guinea pigs for all who came. I told everyone where I come from those fat little guys roll in cages and are not eaten under any circumstance. They just laugh and think I’m joking!....yuck!..... no they’re not good.It was great baptism. Hermana Lucy invited us over for Sunday dinner and made her own version of fettuccini alfredo it was sooooooo good! It’s so good to be their friends and see the change in these people and how the Lord prepared them for us. My companion told me that before I arrived in Lima Lucy was heard saying that if anything happened to her son in on his mission she would kill the bishop. …yikes hehe and now she danced with him and the líder missonal at her wedding yesterday! Classic conversion story.I am so happy to be a part of this great work and just see these miracles take place. Every companionship has converts waiting for them that only they can baptize and if you find them it will change everyone’s lifeJI’m hungry to find more baptisms and more people and that are ready to understand it. It’s the eye of the tiger baby its go time.We had conference for Peru and Jeffery R. Holland talked and bore his testimony in español. Wow, he can speak really well..It was a great conference but I felt he kind of burnt all of Peru …but they needed it. It was strong with the sprit. He told them that an area with that much success and members needs to get things together! They need to send more missionaries, pay more tithing, and more everything, Wow!Well other day I was walking down the street and some greasy guy drove by in taxi and shouted out hey home boy! What’s up! Hehe it was so weird and I was laughing so hard he said it perfect and didn’t know what else to say good Peruvian times….Well this week is going be another busy one. We got changes and we have the fun job of sending everyone out. I hope I don’t send myself! The work of the Lord is rolling right along and no one can stop it! I know the Lord is with us all!Well were working and pounding the dirt down here in lama land , I wish you all a great week and know I’m thinking about you all!Con amor su hijito Elder RogersP.S. The sad part of the story is that Elder Holland was in St. George last weekend. It would have been fun to send a little something with him to Jon.