Tuesday, September 29, 2009
9-28-09
Hey family, 9-28-09Well another week has come and gone here in Campoy. We finished up the month of Sept. with 18 baptisms and 19 confirmations, so we are way excited about that. We are so close to 20 , the goal and I know we will break it soon , but I’m proud of our elders. It’s crazy this week starts October! And a new thing they’re not going to tell us the changes, so next week I could be anywhere but I don’t think so. I think I’m going to die here which is fine. I like Campoy, but I do think I’ll get a new companion. I hope he’s cool so he can help me finish strong. It was good week.I’m glad to hear everything is going good with the fam and stuff it seems like mom and dad are always traveling. Thanks so much mom and dad for your council and scriptures and pumping me up every week.Well we started a new thing in our lessons we sing to our investigators and it really helps bring the spirit and its fun too. My companion has a way deep nasally voice and says he is way good at singing so he sings and sings all the time from start of the day, ….It is so so annoying but it helps me continually build patience something that I thought I already had hehe Singing in lessons is fun!I’m going to miss my companion because he is a stud and we talk every night telling stories. He is great elder.Yesterday was intense we had conference meeting with all the bishops in Campoy and kind of burned them a little bit with Stake President cause they just don’t help very much. We got some good stuff resolved and so we will see how it all turns out. We helped them by watching preach my gospel movies on the big screen. The movie says all we need to do as bishops, Elders, and members. It is fun seeing President Darrell Larkin on the movie too. Remember when we went and visited him in San Antonio? They must have made that movie right after …but yeah I was way nervous telling all the bishops what to do but learned a lot as wellLast letter, I said guinea pig but I meant hamster! We ate hamster even more gross!! Just like uncle hammer used to say.I love all you guys and hope and pray you are all receiving blessing for the work I am doing here. All that matters to me is this gospel and my loved ones nothing else, I know god lives and loves all of us and wants us to be happy, please continue to keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in mine too. P. S. Holland did not come down here I don’t think…unless I don’t know but last week he spoke with us in a broadcast from Salt Lake that was especially for Peru. Love your son in lama land Elder Rogers