Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Elder Rogers 9-7-09

Hey fam ¡!!!!!!! 9-7-09
Well another week down here in Campoy, Lima, Peru. I can’t believe that I only have 15 domingos mas! I’m glad to hear all is well in stg and that your all happy and doing good.Well this week has been super super busy we did so much. Starting with last week , I took my zone to the ZOO! …….Yeah tell me about it who is the coolest ZL ever ? We have an activity fund and I spent most of it the last day of agosto and the activity fund for September , woops but I wanted to start out with a bang and reward our zone for getting 19 baptisms !!!!!yeah!!!! We were so close to twenty but there are 19 people more in the church. It is awesome we are looking forward to miracles this month! We had Zone conference on Friday and our class went well. My companion and I taught together and it’s easy to look like you know what you’re doing when your companion is such a stud! We taught and I had to direct the conference. It was way nerve racking but I think I did alright. I just had to give brief outline of what was going on like that red head dude on spoken word!
And the best part yet, my comp and I were in charge of lunch too and we took everyone to an all you can eat Chinese buffet in down town Lima! Now if there’s one thing I’ve learned on my mission the hard way its...DONT EAT Peruvian Chinese food! But this place was great! It was like Mesquite! And we got serious props from the boys and the big man...they all really liked it. It’s been a busy week with lots of activities of the conference and stuff. I feel like I’m back in high school and doing assemblies and d week! But I only have two conferences left now. I can’t believe it! But it’s been a good week.Well the work has been a little tougher this week missing so many hours going in to Lima to get everything ready. We are always in charge of conferences and if it doesn’t run smooth it’s like are heads on a platter.
We are finally back to work and are working really well with bishop and members and our ward is amazing! We have a family who has a son on a mission and they are going to get married on the 19th and baptized as well. Mom and dad and with son on mission, it will be family!!!!!!!I’m pretty excited about it. The spirit is so strong as we teach and I really know we are supposed to be here at this time for them. It’s really cool! I love finding the people God wants in his church!I sure do love all you guys ! The church is true and I love being a servant and missionary.
Love your son in peru From lama land will chat next week!!!!!!!So also the new bible came out and it’s like the coolest thing down here. President held it up during conference and everyone was like the coolest thing ever oooooooo awwwwww .Elder Rogers.Ps The other day one lady told me that her leche(milk) was way yummy and asked if i wanted some she said it was from her grandma(mamita) and I said oo I thought it was from your cow...hehe ( being funny) and she almost died laughing. I had to stop her cause i thought she was going to choke. You would have laughed so hard she sounded like the wicked witch of the este!