10-20-08
Hey family, mom and dad and all my loved ones muah!!!!!!!!!!This week has been crazy fast and I got lots to report its so crazy! My companion is preparing me for being senior and its tough, but exciting. I went on an exchange with Elder Packer from California and successfully led 6 lessons and took charge the whole 2 days in Jauja and it got me excited but kind a nervous. Elder Packer only has only been in the field 3 months so I had to talk most of the time. I can switch back and forth from Spanish to English now. I almost want to ask people if they understand cause I still cant believe we just talk for 45 min in Spanish and they understand, but president said in my interview Rogers you are ready for future assignments so I said yeah. I don’t know what will happen this next change but am excited to learn and change. I like the responsibility of leading but still have lots to learn. It is so fun to hear from you all and I’m doing good. I love the mac and cheeses and so does everyone else and the peanut butter. This week I gave a talk in church and was just so proud of our converts they are all active happy and learning. I’m handing out pictures of Jesus and everything like crazy. I talked on service and am just full of love for the families that I now have as my friends in the church and we are best buds they will not stop talking about me and Benites leaving and we are all dreading it, but maybe one day I’ll come back and show you all these families that I know were prepared in this time for us to be instruments to help them .It still rains like crazy and it kinda makes it exciting and intense in the muddy streets.I also bought an Hawaiian punch last week I think it was miracle!!!!!! I’m going to drink it for my b-day it was made like 3 years ago and was sitting on the shelve. I’m so blessed. I was probly the only one that could or wanted to buy it!!!! Fine fellow gift!!One of my favorite things to do is ask families how they were baptized and hear there story they are all miracles and so interesting. The family of my penzinita started with her younger brother and then the elders were pulled for 10 years for terrorism and then her sister was baptized in Lima and 3 years later her oldest son... well Alina my penzinita went to baptism with her daughter and then her daughter was baptized 6 months later and then she said I want to hear what these boys say to convince my kids. Alina took the discussions and was baptized 1 yr later by her first son Michal. Michal is on a mission now and last year Eddy was baptized because of the good example of his brother Michal, and 6 months ago her hermano( brother) Jesus the hardest of all asked Elder Carpio to be baptized because of the blessings of his family that he saw. He was the only one that didn’t want anything to do with church was finally baptized in August wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took yrs and yrs but now we have eternal family and there all my best buds especially my penzinita. I know it was all meant to be and started with one. We have two investigators brother of Hermana Liztte and 1 other boy and I told them this story. I love you all and if you have questions let me know until next week muah!!!!!!!!! love your son Elder Rogers!!!!hey PS please everyone tell Kylee girl happy happy bday on 25