Thursday, October 2, 2008
Letter from Jon 9-29-08
I have a miracle story about a boy named Brigham that left for Lima. He wanted to get baptized and we were so bummed when he left. I went ahead and put him in our plans for the next week. We were just hoping he might show up. Well, we were walking down a street and there he was!!!! He said, “ Lima just didn’t work out.” He decided he wants to stay in Jauja. So, we told him we wanted to start teaching him and baptize him and he said he really wanted us to baptize him. His whole family is members in Lima and he came to Jauja to get a way form it all and to go to school. He also decided to go to church for one year here before going back home. He already has a testimony and we taught him the first discussion after church. We challenged him and he is so ready. He wanted the 2nd lesson and then we taught him the 3rd lesson on Monday. He was baptized Tuesday night after the interview. He asked me to baptize him and I was so honored. He gave his testimony after the baptism and said that he had been waiting for this day his whole life. He now knows the church is true for him self! He was so happy and clean! We will give him the Holy Ghost next Sunday and the priesthood. He says he wants to go on his mission next year after he goes to the temple for first time with the youth of Jauja to baptize for the dead. It is a miracle and I know I’m in the right place and god knows whom he wants in his church. Love, Elder Rogers I’m so excited for conference hehe yeah!