Monday, November 9, 2009

Everyone but me is going home

Hey fam! 11-9-09
Well it sounds like everyone had a good time at time out week for the mujeres! That’s awesome I’m glad you had a great time
That’s way funny trying to imagine the boys tending the kids hehe McDonalds always is the solution.
Well it’s been kind of a sad week and hard one but still great in the obra del señor . We had a big group pack the bags and turn in the keys this week and most of them were all my best buddies. I had one elder elder english who lives in Vegas who has really helped me just turn this zone into well oiled machine as one of my district leaders and he stayed in my room last night and now he’s gone along with elder Johnson from Bountiful Utah, Wilding; stg, merill Ogden vally, Lowery ; California, Lucas; Illinois, and many more. I can’t believe there gone because they are the ones I started my mission with! I can still remember some of them in my first areas we have all grown so much! As we build the kingdom of god here in the world he builds all of us..
I also had one kid in my group leave to go back to Afghanistan in my group? He’s a tank driver and pres called in morning and he left at night. What are we still over there? He left so fast pres says he had to go. It’s my last change now and it’s kind of hard for me to except it but I’m ready to rock it and burn until the engines roar!
This week we had four couples with their kids come to church and just when things were getting way slow we know got a potential 8 with date. Yesterday I looked up in air and said thanks you now we might be having some marriages again. Maybe three full families, it would be great way to leave. We got the goal we got the plan now it’s go time! We took a couple over to Lucy and Edgars house last night and had FHE and watched the Joseph Smith movie and then challenged them to get married and get baptized. They accepted and it was played so perfect our new married members did all the work they said do it, it will help so much in your life! We have them and son of 12 years old going in on 28! And will challenge other family of 4 Tues night! I love to work and if I had my wife and kids I’d love to find teach and baptize for a lot longer. Now I know exactly what I’m doing and I love to do it and feel so comfortable…but that’s why it’s only a one time deal. I talked in church yesterday and told some fun stories from Hauncayo and it was really fun to tell.
When I started the mission, I worked to try to make time go by faster . I know I’m working now cause I just don’t have enough time, I want to baptize my last day here!
I love you all ….your son in lama land
Elder rog
ps thanks Clint fam for bday card so fun! Jar bear voice, and cancun? Thats so not cool bro
Ps. During lunch we keep it real with mancola and phase 10 hehe. I love having fun! We made a pancha mancha the other day( chicken under the ground with hot rocks) and it was so cool. I wrote down all the instructions to be able to do it when i get back. It will be sweet at p.v. or Powell! And you play cards as you wait i also made pollos with Money we had their orange and say Campoy 21! On them with areas