11-30-09
What up family?
Que dicen? Woof another week blown away here in sweaty Peru. Man we are working are flippin butts off. We saved the zone this week and ended with 13 baptisms as a zone. I am pleased and will tell you details. I first want to say thanks for writing me everyone and all your support it sounds like the family is doing great and pumped up for Christmas and got lights up and stuff and that’s way fun. I want everyone to know I read everything that comes if not in the second I print it off, Lish that sounds way fun you went to black eyed peas concert with u2. Parsons is assistant from Arizona is that who your taking about…
Mom Elder Watters is my best bud from Canada. We were in Vitarte for 6 months together and had two kids together and we were best buds. He is from British Columbia Canada. I told him he didn’t have to do anything his last week in the temple together but he is just like that. We are great buds and he was great elder.
The football emails were great hehe that sounds like a lot of fun! I’m trying to stay caught up with everyone but I usually print off emails and have to look as I talk to someone on the phone or write numbers down.
Well this week we had marriages up in Chosica. I went up there with a certified lawyer from my zone Elder Arasscue and we talked to the alcalde judge and we planned one more marriage. I feel like a high class business man rolling into an office with my name tag and suit as zone leader of 26 year old lawyer from down town Lima as an elder. We had a good talk and the judge is a member, and we were able to get things taken care of. We had a great baptism and we were able help elder of the zone baptize a family of 5!!!!!!!! And we baptized in almost every area this week. It was crazy and I had Edgar as my testigo and we pulled out his partida. I don’t know what that is in English but it’s a paper that the temple asked for to get married in the temple. It’s awesome and we are helping so many people compete with chastity here ,yeah baby!!!!!!!! It has really been a crazy week and a week of miracles!
Please everyone don’t talk about home just yet I got 6 in the barrel and I want to stay focused! I love the mission and am really kind of sad that is winding down . I feel like someone is going to pull the carpet from under me and it’s not fair…all I want to do is what I’m doing right now.
I know this is the gospel is real and so true I don’t except no as an answer, I have so much faith! This week I prayed and told Him there needs to be a marriage. I’m going to figure things out help me and I went! We did everything possible and are investigators as well and she was in tears as she got baptized it was so great!
Well I bought a new camera for 600 soles and I made a couple of ice cream purchases and cookies. I’m doing pushups like a mad man, and am weighing in at a 184.5 and trying to look normal. I’ll start taking pictures of food and you’ll see why one cant gain weight but I’m not complaining. I love Peru!
Is there anything you want cool from Peru before I come back? I feel bad for spending so much but everything is pretty cheap down here?
I love you all your son in Peru
Ps we got to plan a play for Christmas. I’ll get some fun film of it. We are going to do something fun for Pres. Leyva.
Elder Rogers only 2 letters mas!