Monday, November 2, 2009

Sweating it up in Lamaland

Hey fam! 11-3-09
Well it’s been a crazy busy week i have absolutely no time for myself and the days just melt together and we are slamin Campoy! We finished the month with 21!!!!!!!!!!! Baptisms! For the first time ever in Campoy for years! It was awesome and we really brought it together and it was so fun and the Lord just gave us miracle after miracle.
We started it out last week celebrating my bday we went bowling and I spent all of the funds on one shot. It was so fun and everyone really had a good time! I scored 166 here in ole Peru not bad uh? But then it was all go time! We got the zone pumped up on Tuesday and looked at all of our possibilities and then my companion and I went on divisions and took other missionaries out of their areas to help elders with investigators with a date it was crazy idea and it worked! I went with Elder Anco to la portada and we talked with the parents of a 17 year old girl (Gladis ) she has assisted the church for almost a year, and her parents would never give her permission to get baptized. I told Elder Anco we would get permission… and he was fasting. We went to the house and sure enough the mom didn’t want to talk to us….but we said a prayer with the girl and told her if she had faith and Lord wanted her to be baptized at this time he would present a way. We had a great member there too. She went in her mom’s room and 10min later came out with angry catholic mom….I was so nervous and Anco didnt say a word. We just started teaching about the family and how God is our father. I asked her if she found anything wrong or offensive about our message and then told her if she really wanted her daughter to process spiritually she needed the spirit and to get the spirit she needed to be baptized correctly. She bore testimony and her friend bore testimony and Elder Anco and I bore testimony. Then the mom said , when is she going to get baptized?....and what does she need?...the golden question. I said your love and support and she said …..I agree and I was little nervous in saying the baptism time because it was for the next day but I just threw it out there with big smile. It’s tomorrow you going to come?.......She said I’ll be there and her dad will too because now I understand! Miracle! There was some chest bumping and prayers of gratitude after. Getting 21 baptisms-----it was great experience and I’ll never forget how spirit just used us like a hammer and pick to open that ladies heart . It was great and Elder Anco is still in awe. Even though I’ve seen it before with Elsa and Astrid and my atheist friend, I too am in awe.…wow how great is this gospel? How wonderful is it to be a soldier and literally fighting for the truth. It was so great! Latter that night the mom accepted a date for 28 of November!

My companion worked hard on the other end and we as a zone were there present as the las Tones went in. A team effort!
I am so so grateful to be an Elder!! I love my mission and I am so so stressed out and just running around and I don’t get much sleep andall I don’t think about much else then this great work. I’m having so much fun and love helping other Elders. Our division went great with new Elder Taylor and his companion and they were able to baptize 4 this last week after not baptizing for a month. Miracles miracles, all around.
This week we also had 2 days as Elder Anco and I took 35 jovenes around to knock doors and then stayed the night with the older ones and divided with them for 2 days. I was with fun k id that told me all his stories and kept telling me to slow down. He was falling asleep in the lessons cause he was just so so tired but a great kid and we had some fun times.
I love all you guys
Sweating it up here in lama land your son elder Rogers!
This week I’m taking my zone to play soccer against our arch rival the zone Las Flores.
There going down!